Founded on the principles of collaboration, The Kandid owns and manages two social spaces that provide creative services to businesses, especially start-ups and entrepreneurs. We've staged events such as pop-ups, commercial photoshoots, workshops and other social gatherings, right here in the heart of Hong Kong.
We also provide services such as bespoke portraiture, product styling and social media consultancy, through Justin Lim, our founder and principal photographer. In addition to his conventional commercial photography jobs, Justin regularly styles, shoots and creates social media content for international brands. Many household names consult with The Kandid on issues of social media presence and promotion.
The Kandid Soho, is a small bespoke venue located in Sheung Wan, which can be rented as a space for private parties and workshops. In 2015, this space was featured by both Home Journal and Lifestyle Asia. In 2016, a full article in Emirates' In-flight Magazine "Open Skies" was dedicated to the space. Brands which have chosen The Kandid Soho as a venue for shoots include LifestyleAsia, Revolution Magazine, Shanghai Tang and MR PORTER.
The Kandid Social is a dedicated blank space for pop-ups, craft workshops and private events. It also serves as a commercial photography studio and a space for staging workshops, tastings and parties.
PROUDLY INDEPENDENT. STAYING THAT WAY.
THE KANDID SOHO
- Styled in a rustic, salvage wood aesthetic, with industrial accents
- Seated bar area, display shelving, grey feature walls
- Perfect for corporate headshots, family portraits, Instagram styling, flatlays, whisky tastings, board game night, workshops
- Suitable for creatives, weekend entrepreneurs, casual photographers
- Located 3 minutes from Sheung Wan MTR
- Capacity: 12 pax
THE KANDID SOCIAL
- Blank space styled in a minimal, Nordic aesthetic with plantlife, light woods and neon light features
- Bright bay windows with high visibility at main junction in Happy Valley
- Photo backdrops, Profoto strobes for professional in-house photography services, wide array of props, reflectors and more
- Located 1 minute from Happy Valley Tram Terminus (5 mins from CWB)
- Capacity: 15 pax